The Owen Observer

The Owen Observer
“There is no doubt that it is around the family and the home that all the greatest virtues, the most dominating virtues of human society, are created, strengthened, and maintained.” -Winston Churchill

Saturday, February 2, 2013

January 2013

January was a fun month for us. Everyone finally became healthy again and the weather became warmer again!

Liam enjoying apples dipped in peanut butter and Nutella! Yum!

Jason continues to write essays, fill out applications, and stress about getting into a PhD program. He has also started a Calculus II class to help prepare him better for a PhD program and because he just doesn't have enough to worry about already.

I turned 25 which seems to be a good age to me. I mean, I don't feel much younger or older than 25, so I think I will just stay 25 from now on! My mom babysat for us on my birthday and Jason took me out for dinner to Geisha, my favorite hibachi restaurant. We then went home and watched the Rebels beat San Diego State at San Diego State. Thanks for the awesome birthday surprise, Rebels! The following week my friends, Aubrey and Katie took me out to get a Pizzookie (pizza cookie) from BJ's and it was delicious!

Liam practicing his ball skills for his future stint on the Runnin' Rebels team.

Liam has been associating things this month. For example, when he has a sippy cup of water, he periodically walks over to our water dispenser, pretends to fill up his cup, and then resumes drinking. He also likes to throw TRASH away now which is much better than throwing away our favorite toys. He steals tissues in order to "wipe" his nose. He figured out how to open doors. He brings me his shoes and jacket when he wants to go play outside and he can show me where his nose, eyes, ears, and belly button are! Basically he's the smartest one year old I know.
 

My little adventurer playing in the dirt.
We went as a family to see Disney on Ice because Jason got free tickets and it was at the Thomas and Mack Center which is where we go to watch basketball games. As we were walking up, Liam was getting excited and telling us, "Ball!" But, when we got inside and instead of a basketball court, there was an ice rink and giant castle, he kept asking, "Ball, go?... Ball, go?" He was super confused, but I think it was somewhat entertaining for him as well.

Super confused at Disney on Ice.

No comments: